Build your future with Nuvyyo.
Nuvyyo is a successful technology company that is disrupting the TV industry. Launched in 2014, Tablo is a DVR for TV antennas that targets the growing trend of cord-cutting and enables consumers to save thousands of dollars by cancelling expensive cable and satellite TV contracts and replacing them with free Over-The-Air (OTA) HDTV alongside internet video from companies like Netflix and Hulu.
The Vice President of Engineering applies their extensive hands-on knowledge to manage and optimize cross functional teams in the areas of software, hardware, firmware, mobile app and cloud computing. As a key member of the senior management team, this individual will help to drive the development of new systems and enhancements within an existing architecture and envision future improvements to processes, products and service delivery. They will leverage knowledge, skills and experience to regularly interface with internal teams, senior management and external stakeholders to achieve strategic objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical, vendor and project management
- Build high performance cross functional teams including professional development, technical guidance, career development, mentoring to team members and staff recruiting
- Guide the development process to ensure operational efficiency, developer velocity
- Interfacing with and onboarding potential customers i.e. service providers
- Participate in budget creation by providing labor/cost estimates and exercises budget/cost control for area of responsibility
- Domestic travel (15%) and international travel (15 %)
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years of experience leading diverse technical teams of engineers (junior/senior software/hardware/cloud) including remote workers and teams
- 15+ years of experience in video domain (compression, transport, machine vision, file formats, etc.)
- Experience in a startup ecosystem is desired
- Experience in the consumer electronics industry is desired
- Experience in improving on processes and methodologies to increase efficiency and long-term maintainability including agile and test-driven development
- Video transcoding/IPTV expertise is considered a strong asset
- UI/UX experience is desired
- Demonstrable experience managing complex projects from concept stage to requirement to design, implementation, testing and delivery while tracking documentation, scheduling and resources (in waterfall) as well as from use-case to user stories, sprints, retroactives (in agile)
- Experience interfacing and onboarding B2B clients
- Experienced with various development tools (Github, Clubhouse, Android Studio, Xcode, Java, HTML5, React)
- Good understanding of firmware, mobile, hardware and cloud computing
- Working knowledge of objective-C, Swift, Java, C, C++
- Ability to stay on the cutting edge of technology and be business driven at the same time
- Consensus builder capable of working with other organizations internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, with a thorough understanding of product development
Besides a competitive salary and benefits package, Nuvyyo offers a relaxed office environment that encourages collaboration, innovation and fun. We are located in the heart of Kanata's technology hub with free parking and easy access to transit.
To apply, please send your resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for our innovative start-up company, but we will only acknowledge those applicants to whom we will offer an interview.
Download job description PDF