Customer Support Specialist
Build your future with Nuvyyo.
Who are we?
Recognized by Forbes as one of the top ten companies reinventing the TV industry, Nuvyyo is a growing consumer electronics and app development company. Founded in 2010 we are leading innovation in the Over-The-Air TV industry in both the US and Canada. We are constantly looking for ways to grow and are searching for the right talent to join our team. The TV Industry is seeing immense change and we want to be on the forefront of that movement.
Launched in 2014, Tablo is our DVR for TV antennas that targets the growing trend of cord-cutting and enables consumers to save thousands of dollars by cancelling expensive cable and satellite TV contracts and replacing them with free Over-The-Air (OTA) HDTV and internet video from companies like Netflix and Hulu.
Our customers are what make us successful. They are the reason this position is vital to ensure that we continue to maintain our industry-leading consumer engagement and high level of customer satisfaction and service.
The Customer Support position reports to the Customer Success Manager. As part of the customer support and success team, you will be responsible for providing customer service and support to end-users while making customers and their needs your primary focus; developing and sustaining positive customer relationships and working with the Quality Assurance resources to ensure that Nuvyyo delivers bug-free products to the North American marketplace.
- High-Geekery: You’re infatuated with consumer technologies including TVs, smartphones, tablets and computers as well as streaming media devices like Roku, Chromecast, AppleTV, Amazon Fire TV, etc.
- TV Fan: You watch and enjoy TV, movies, news and/or sports and can pick up on TV/Movie references from your fellow TV-loving coworkers
- Self-Starter: You possess a keen desire to make a real difference within an organization by taking ownership and pride in your work and by offering to step up without being asked when opportunities arise to make the company and product more successful
- Service-Oriented: You enjoy talking to people and helping them get the most out of their Cord-Cutting setup with Tablo OTA DVR quickly and efficiently
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions
- Provide solutions to customers by identifying problems, researching answers, guiding customers through corrective steps as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research required information using available resources including the website, knowledge base, internet, and product documentation
- Follow standard processes and procedures; including first-in, first-out support queue processing
- Identify and escalate priority issues through proper channels, redirecting problems to appropriate resources
- Accurately process and record all customer interactions over the phone, online chat, and emails using a computer and Zendesk ticketing software
- Collaborate with your team members through online and in-person tools including Slack instant messaging/chat software, Zendesk ticketing system, work email, phone, and good old face to face conversations
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary in order to maintain our commitment to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours
- Stay current with hardware, firmware, and software system information, changes and updates
- Communicate complex technology steps, ideas and principles in clear, concise terms that are easy for the average consumer to understand
- Recognize and identify emerging patterns and trends, capturing data that will allow the team to reproduce the issue for testing and bug fixes
- Listen carefully in order to recognize a common issue being described in a unique way, and conversely when a common complaint is actually indicative of a unique/new issue
Education, Skills and Knowledge Qualifications
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Proper email, phone and online chat etiquette
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately in English
- Demonstrated proficiency in English grammar
- Ability to take proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently
- Ability to de-escalate and maintain control of a phone call in order to complete all phone inquiries as promptly as possible while providing a positive experience to our customers
- Ability to prioritize efforts to ensure the needs of customers are met in a timely fashion
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, media streaming devices, email software, cable modems, Windows and MAC operating systems is an asset
- Experience with home networking (e.g. Wi-Fi, routers, port forwarding, etc.) is an asset
Beyond a competitive salary and benefits package, Nuvyyo offers a relaxed office environment that encourages collaboration, innovation and fun. We are located in the heart of Kanata's technology hub with free parking and easy access to transit.
To apply, please send your resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for our innovative start-up company, but we will only acknowledge those applicants to whom we will offer an interview.
Download job description PDF